The humanitarian mission "Sky Walker Clowns 2013" aims to bring to Nepal a group of 12 to 15 clowns and other humanitarian workers (Smile Ambassadors, doctors, an herbalist, a videographer) to create a bridge of solidarity and cross-cultural exchanges with one of the oldest populations in Nepal, the Tamang.
The Tamang are keepers of an oasis of wild beauty and a temple of sacredness of our planet: the highest mountains of the land, forests, glaciers and Himalayan rivers. They are also heirs of an ancient culture of friendship and communion with the earth and all its creatures, a culture of shamans, artists and farmers, heroes who have survived millennia with courage and skill in extreme environments.
Together with our Nepalese friends of the Kathmandu Valley, we will visit pediatric hospitals, orphanages, shelters for women and victims of violence as well as the facility that hosts the girls of our “Kumari” project.
If you want to be part of all this, sign up for the “Sky Walker Clowns Tour” Nepal 2013 for a new peace and solidarity mission.
• Orientation workshops with Clown One Italia about humanitarian clowning and the Other, in Kathmandu
• Hiking in the western Langtang valley
• Clowning activities with the children of the villages Gatlang, Somdang and Tatopani.
• Painting and creativity workshops
• Herbal medicine: recognizing herbs and meeting with the local shaman
• Meeting between the clowns and local dance and music groups in the villages .
• "Football for Fun": Football match between the clowns of Sky Walker and the Gatlang village's children
• Kathmandu: final circle and sharing. Presentation of the "Kumari project" Nepal, by Clown One Italia.
• Visit the cultural and spiritual centers of Kathmandù valley.
Ginevra Sanguigno—actress and dancer, instructor, clown, founder of Clown One Italia
Italo Bertolasi—body worker, shamanic culture researcher – Clown One Italia