– NEW TRIP DATES ANNOUNCED! –
Registration is CLOSED.
Great News! An old dream comes true again! My closest friend in Russia, Marina Schusterman, who has joined us for 20 years on our annual Russian clown trip, has a daughter, Masha, who was a young child when we met. Masha fell in love many years ago with Simo, who is from Morocco and lived in St. Petersburg. After many years waiting for our opportunity, we were able to hold our first Morocco Clown Tour six years ago. This trip will now be our fifth time leading a group there.
The Morocco Clown Tour begins from your own front door – all participants travel in clown costume! The emphasis of the program is CLOWNING – We will clown in children’s hospitals, schools, crisis centers, the markets & streets, and everywhere else we go in Morocco!!! No experience is required however, PROOF OF VACCINATION IS REQUIRED.
Clowning will open doors unlike any other travel experience. Gesundheit! Global Outreach has clowned across the world with different groups. Our experience has taught us that clowning is an incredible tool for connecting with people and that anyone is able to do it. The only criteria for participation in the Morocco Tour is that you come as a clown, with a joyful spirit of compassion, flexibility and interest.
Our Morocco clown journey is accompanied by cultural experiences!
We will eat together for most lunches and dinners. Some evenings we will have special gatherings and performances. Other cultural activities include: a visit to the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca, a traditional Hammam experience and traveling to Marrakech and clowning&shopping in the Medinas (old city marketplaces).
We will spend eight days together traveling around Morocco, CLOWNING every day, experiencing unique local cultures ad landscapes. We are sure to make many new Moroccan friends. Through our shared journey of service clowning and travel, our group will transform into a community, a clown family connected through our work, play and laughter.
Clowns, please be aware that the trip starts in Casablanca and ends in Marrakesh. If you have questions or need help with travel itineraries we have more information about who to contact below.
Read Lion’s Story of his First Clowning Adventure in Morocco ⇒
Read Jeptha’s Story from Morocco Clown Tour 2018 ⇒
• Arrive in Casablanca, October 23rd: Welcome Dinner
• Clowning in Casablanca.
• Travel to Marrakesh.
• Clowning and exploring in Marrakesh.
• Clowning Sharing Circle and Farewell dinner.
• Depart Marrakesh, October 31st: Clowns go home, hugs and kisses!
(we suggest you arrange to leave not early morning).
Every day on the tour is unique, though a typical day could include:
• Breakfast at the hotel
• Morning clown visit: orphanage, children’s hospital or other facilities
• Lunch in a local restaurant
• Afternoon clown visit
• Dinner in a local restaurant
*Schedule is subject to change.
***Please be Aware***
1) Gesundheit! has a NO-WHINING policy.
2) This trip is an extremely active trip with a very full schedule.
3) We will be making many group transfers with all of our luggage between cities.
4) PROOF OF VACCINATION IS REQUIRED.
You need to be able to manage your own bags and belongings when we move as a group, we will not be using porters. Generally, clown tours are known to include lots of walking and stairs, long bus rides, infrequent bathroom stops, late meals, and late-night travel. That being said, as a group and clown family we will all take care of each other.
Cost of the trip is $1600.
The Tour Package includes:
The tour package does not include:
The Morocco Tour does not have scholarships available for participation.
– NEW TRIP DATES ANNOUNCED! OCTOBER 23-31st
Registration is CLOSED.
PROOF OF VACCINATION IS REQUIRED. Space on this trip is limited. We register participants on a first come first serve basis and Gesundheit! trips are known to fill up quickly. If you would like to participate as a clown, here’s how:
1) Fill out the electronic REGISTRATION & RELEASE FORM ⇒
2) In order to register you will be asked to make a $500 non-refundable deposit, this holds your space on the Morocco trip as our trips tend to fill up. You do have the option to either Make a deposit ($500) or Make a single payment for the trip in full. FINAL PAYMENTS ARE DUE BY September 15TH. The $500 deposit is non-refundable unless the trip is canceled due to travel restrictions or other covid-related incidents. Please do not fill out the form unless you are prepared to make your deposit.
3) Check out the suggested readings about Morocco and Islamic culture below.
QUESTIONS? Contact Ginevra – Morocco Clown Tour Coordinator for general information & questions.
Thank You and we hope you join us!
Trip Coordinators & Facilitators
1) Patch Adams — entered medical school in 1967 to use medicine as a vehicle for social change; promotes and practices living a life of public joy as a revolutionary act; fount of ideas for avoiding burn-out in long-term social justice and health. Enthusiator.
2)Maria & Mohamed ( Simo ) — Maria is a clown and art teacher. She started to clown with Patch when she was nine years old (which is strange for her because now she has a son that age). Since then she has clowned with Patch every year in Russia. Maria and Patch always shared the dream to bring clowns to Morocco, as it is the native country of her husband, Mohamed Aouad. Patch and Maria dreamt this dream for many years until 2013 when The First Morocco Clown Tour came to fruition. With the help of a great clown team (Patch, Ginevra, Zag, and Lars) we had the opportunity to make this dream come true. She is looking forward to having clowns share the experience of Morocco for the fifth Morocco Clown Tour and cannot wait to see old friends and make new friends too!
3) Ginevra Sanguigno — is an actress and dancer and since 1981 she has been using theater as a vehicle for social change. Ginevra is a clown, instructor, enthusiator, and the founder of Clown One Italia in 2000. She has been organizing humanitarian clowns mission worldwide since 2003 and was part of the first-ever Morocco clown tour four years ago.
4) Sharon “Shar-Shar” Stein – started volunteering in 1996, has traveled to 54 countries…so far. She met Patch 21 years ago, and put her first red nose on and has laughed ever since!
⇒ Photos by: Trenton Branson
Don't miss this opportunity to travel with Patch Adams. This is a one of a kind trip to Morocco!
Funny Times is a monthly cartoon and humor newspaper for a world gone weird.
Tickle your funny bone and support a great cause at the same time!
Patch Adams MD & Gesundheit Institute, P.O. Box 307, Urbana, IL 61803
© Copyright 2023 Gesundheit! Institute